"Buckshot's" Custom Sizing Dies

mtngun
Site Admin

"Buckshot's" Custom Sizing Dies

Postby mtngun » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:49 am

"Buckshot" is indeed making custom Lyman/RCBS dies. His prices are a bargain relative to the labor that goes into making these.
I make both Lee and Lyman/RCBS dies. The Lee dies are $27 + $3.50 shipping for the 1st die via 1st Class USPS. Two or more Lee dies go in the $5.50 small flat rate box.

The Lyman dies are $30 + $2.50 rtn shipping via 1st Class USPS. A 2nd Lyman die is $1 additional shipping. If you're wanting more then 2 Lyman dies they'd have to go in the $5.50 USPS box.

Three important notes:

1) I do not make Lyman/RCBS or Lee die sizes that are currently available at retail.

2) If you want the Lyman/RCBS ejector pin vented (Hole drilled through ejector pin for lube passage) please include an additional $3 for each die so ordered.

3) I do NOT cut the setscrew retaining groove in the die for the old Lyman #45 lube press system. If you need that groove, be sure to include that info in your order instructions. Otherwise it isn't going to be there.

These flat rate boxes have free delivery confirmation. *NOTE* 1st Class USPS does not have Del Conf, nor insurance. If you're wanting either, the next cheapest way to ship is the Small Flat Rate Box @ $5.50. Insurance is NOT provided. If you want insurance you'll need to provide the additional funds.

Tolerance on the dies is nominal to +.0003". They're proofed with a WW slug which is shipped with the die. As you know from very soft to very hard alloys will size to different OD's in the same die. If you want to size very hard, or very soft bullets to an exact diameter, please provide 4 slugs in that alloy, otherwise WW does a creditable job for 95% of shooting cast.

A personal check is fine. Please provide instructions (sizeing diameter) and your board handle or e-mail so I can contact you if necessary. NOTE: Your check IS NOT cashed until your order is ready to ship.

My address is:

Rick Tunell
501 Lime St
Redlands, CA

Raptor

Re: "Buckshot's" Custom Sizing Dies

Postby Raptor » Thu May 13, 2010 8:02 pm

Thanks Dan, I'll check him out. Raptor.

Tazman1602

Postby Tazman1602 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:00 pm

Rick does EXCELLENT work in case anyone is interested. He just made me a couple, one Lee push through type and one Lyman type for lube only.

If you've got oversize bullets and need to size them down a few thou' Rick advised me he'd make me a Lyman die of bullet size to lube only, then a Lee push through type to chuck in my Rock Chucker and size to barrel size.

......his advice saved my arm AND my sizers from a considerable amount of abuse and he delivered VERY promptly AND the sizes were perfection.

Just an FYI.

Art

mtngun
Site Admin

Postby mtngun » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:45 pm

Tazman1602 wrote:If you've got oversize bullets and need to size them down a few thou'

All cast bullets should drop out oversize and be sized to fit. That is the only way to ensure the correct diameter.

mtngun
Site Admin

Postby mtngun » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:55 am

Updated the original post to reflect Buckshot's current prices.

andym79

Postby andym79 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:27 am

Hi, Can anyone yell me how to get in touch with Buckshot other than via the post.

Do you have an email address for him?

I am looking to get 2 lee style bullet sizing dies made!

.359" and .266"

Is he happy to mail overseas and does he take paypal?

Thanks

mtngun
Site Admin

Postby mtngun » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:52 am

I don't have his email handy, but you may be able to message him at the Cast Boolits forum.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/member.php?67-Buckshot

Return to “design & sizing”