Do you keep designs?

if you are new to casting or new to Mountain Molds

Do you keep designs?

Postby Wayne the Shrink » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:47 am

Dan

I think I know that the answer is "no", but I thought I'd ask to confirm it. I'm looking for the Oldfeller design of an 8x56 Hungarian boolit that apparently you made years ago. There are several of us on Castboolits.gunloads.com that would like a copy.

Wayne the Shrink
Wayne the Shrink

Re: Do you keep designs?

Postby mtngun » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:22 am

Bullet design is 100% the customer's responsibility.

Record keeping is 100% the customer's responsibility.

I am not a secretary.  I do a lousy job of keeping records for my own personal bullet designs and loads.   The suggestion that I should keep records for the general public is ludicrous.

If someone wishes to share his design with the public, he should post a copy of the design page on his favorite website or forum.   Then, anyone can print out the design and mail it in with his order, providing the old design is still compatible with today's online design program.

However, the online design program is constantly changing.   There is no guarantee that a design that Mountain Molds made years ago can be duplicated with today's online design program.
mtngun
Site Admin

favorite cartridge: 357 magnum

Postby edmehlig » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:49 pm

Dan, how about creating a link or whatever you call it on your forum where people can post their designs they had great success with here?
edmehlig

Postby mtngun » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:14 pm

I cannot force anyone to post their designs. They are welcome to do so if they wish.
mtngun
Site Admin

favorite cartridge: 357 magnum

Return to newbie questions