How long?

Crabo

How long?

Postby Crabo » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:37 pm

What is your delivery estimate for a two cavity mold?

Thanks,

Crabo

Crabo

Re: How long?

Postby Crabo » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:11 pm

I just read the home page, 6-10 weeks.

Thanks,

Crabo

steve y

Postby steve y » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:27 pm

I know to look on your web page to see the wait time however I was curious since it has been 13 weeks since I ordered two moulds. Should I continue to just be patient or is there a problem I am not aware of? Thank you

HollowPoint

Postby HollowPoint » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:54 pm

WoW.
I"m glad I stumbled onto this particular thread. I was thinking of having a double cavity mold made through Mountain Molds.
I have no doubt they do quality work but, 13 weeks is way to long. :roll:

Thanks for the heads-up.

HollowPoint

mtngun
Site Admin

Postby mtngun » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:08 pm

steve y wrote:I know to look on your web page to see the wait time however I was curious since it has been 13 weeks since I ordered two moulds. Should I continue to just be patient or is there a problem I am not aware of? Thank you

If your molds are behind schedule you were right to ask me what's up, because sometimes I misplace orders and don't realize it until the customer complains. :oops:

Anyway, I had to go to my office and look through my records before I could answer your question. Here's what I found.

You ordered one mold, not two, on August 2. I shipped it on August 19, USPS, delivery confirmation #0103 8555 7497 5272 3551. Did you receive it ?

Are you saying you ordered again in August ? Was the missing order placed online or by mail ? My paypal account shows only the one order from you in August.

I'm trying to help you here but I'm stumped at the moment. Any details you can supply would be helpful. If necessary, email me to protect your personal info.

I'm sorry something has gone wrong. Let's try to figure it out.

steve y

Postby steve y » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:37 pm

I just emailed you with a copy of my paypal reciept. Hope this clears things up. Thanks

mtngun
Site Admin

Postby mtngun » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:09 pm

OK, I received your email (it helps now that I know your correct name and email address :P ) and confirmed that my paypal account received your order on July 30.

Problem was, I never received notification from paypal. I have no record of the notification, nor is there any record of me emailing you an order confirmation, which I normally do. Either paypal had a brain fart and didn't sent the notification, or my gmail account had a brain fart and lost the notification. It happens. My apologies.

I'll get your molds made this week and you should receive them next week.

But first, we gotta talk about a couple of bullet design concerns. :?

One mold is 200 gr. WW 432" in XL alum block. The XL block is too big for that bullet so you we'll use the standard 2-cavity block instead, and you'll get a $10 refund. That was an easy fix.

Second mold is 500 gr. 91/3/6 0.459" in 1-cavity alum block. The program may have let you get away with that, but I won't. 91/3/6 is a small caliber alloy. It is highly susceptible to heat shrink in big bore bullets. It can be done, but you gotta hold your mouth just right and I get tired of holding my mouth just right. So you have two choices, you can either respec that mold, or else I can give you a full refund for that mold.

Again, I apologize for the misplaced order. Things are so disorganized around here.....it's a miracle that I only misplace one or two a year. :cry:

steve y

Postby steve y » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:22 pm

Can you change the 500gr mould to wheel weights instead? Or is there something else needs to be done?

mtngun
Site Admin

Postby mtngun » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:48 pm

Wheelweights will be fine. The WW bullet will be shorter, of course.

steve y

Postby steve y » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:02 pm

I looked at my credit card statement and I was charged on my bill for this purchase. Does that agree with your records?

Return to “General”