New server, missing data

mtngun
Site Admin

New server, missing data

Postby mtngun » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:45 pm

The good news is that the new server is working OK. The new server is more up to date, bigger, and supposedly better ...... and it supports the latest phpBB forum software, which is supposed to fix a lot of bugs.

The bad news is that I was not able to figure out how to import the database from the old forum. In theory, there is a way to import the old database, but it gave me nothing but errors.

There's a lot of good data in the old forum and I backed up the database, so if I have to, I'll manually repost the more worthwhile threads, as time allows.

Member information from the old forum was also lost, so you'll have to register before posting.

Sigh ....... :?

jwp

Re: New server, missing data

Postby jwp » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:45 pm

That's really too bad. I found myself rereading old threads quite a bit. I hope you can find a way to recover them without having to do it manually; that's an awful lot of work.

mtngun
Site Admin

Re: New server, missing data

Postby mtngun » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:14 pm

It turns out the new forum software (phpBB3) does not support certain BB code like tables. The extra BB code package for phpBB3 still in beta testing, and I am not going to install it until it is officially released. In the meantime, some of the posts imported from the old forum are not going to format correctly.

Return to “General”