sprue plate

Irascible

sprue plate

Postby Irascible » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:00 pm

I received the new mould a few days ago. Started casting with it tonight. I don't like the new design sprue plate with the trough between the 2 holes. Is it possible to buy one without that feature?

mtngun
Site Admin

Re: sprue plate

Postby mtngun » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:29 pm

Sorry you don't like the trough. I've had many requests over the years to add a trough, it seems that I can't please everyone.

I'm considering discontinuing the trough due to several complaints like yours. Omitting the trough would make my job easier so I would not shed any tears over it. But in the meantime that is all I have on hand for your mold. :(

aseedylot

Postby aseedylot » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:19 am

I personally like the trough and am considering adding one to an old mold from you that does not have one. For me the trough seemed make casting good bullets significantly easier.

mtngun
Site Admin

Postby mtngun » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:53 am

aseedylot wrote:I personally like the trough and am considering adding one to an old mold from you that does not have one. For me the trough seemed make casting good bullets significantly easier.

I did not like the trough at first and was forced to change my casting style to accomodate it. However, now that I'm used to casting with the trough, I actually prefer it because it makes it easier to eject the sprue (one big sprue ejects easier than several small sprues).

That said, the trough is being phased out due to complaints. I wish I could offer an option to provide both types of sprues, but it's just not feasible. :|

Return to “General”