New Web Site Is Up !

mtngun
Site Admin

New Web Site Is Up !

Post by mtngun » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:57 pm

I totally rewrote the website, bringing it up to HTML5 standards and hopefully making it a little easier to use. It opens with a 45 caliber Keith bullet, just because Keith bullets look sexy and 45 is the most popular caliber, but I'm not a big fan of Keith bullets :lol: so change to whatever caliber and style you are looking for. This is what the new website is supposed to look like:

However, the first time I opened it on the internet on one particular PC, it wanted to try to load the old site's side frame. The side frame is obsolete but nonetheless it is stored in your browser's cache, so to make it go away you may have to clear your browser cache. Actually you only need to clear "cached images and files." There is no need to clear cookies or passwords since the Mountain Molds website does not use cookies or passwords.

The arrow points to the thing that needs to be cleared in Chrome. Different browser have different procedures for clearing cache so you may have to google for instructions for your particular browser. Again, try to avoid clearing cookies or passwords because if you do, you'll lose all saved passwords and if you're like me you have a hard time remembering them. :lol: :lol: :lol:

UPDATE: a second PC did not require clearing the cache. The first time it opened, it still showed the old website (because the old website was stored in the cache) so I hit the REFRESH button and then it correctly loaded the new site.

If you encounter any bugs with the new site, either post 'em here or email me at mtngun at gmail dot com.

mtngun
Site Admin

Re: New Web Site Is Up !

Post by mtngun » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:42 pm

Smooth bullets are now available with the new website, either with or without a crimp.

However, you won't see the smooth option with the "defined length" plain base. If you want a smoothie, select either the "equal length" plain base (or bevel base) or a gas check.