Bullet Drawing but not able to figure out order form

joecool911

Bullet Drawing but not able to figure out order form

Postby joecool911 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:30 am

I have a cad drawing of a bullet design that I would like to get a mold made for. I am not good at manipulating the design order form to order a mold. Can I get some help, or can a mold be made with a drawing?

mtngun
Site Admin

Re: Bullet Drawing but not able to figure out order form

Postby mtngun » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:21 pm

If you want a bullet made from a drawing, that is called a "custom" mold and you will need to talk to a custom mold maker, rather than a semi-custom mold maker like Mountain Molds.

There is a glut of custom mold makers out there -- Hoch, Jones, Brooks, Old West, Victory, Lee, NEI, Ballisticast, and a few more that I can't remember off the top of my head.

I don't know if Mountain Molds can make anything similar to what you have in mind, but if you post your drawing (save it as an 800 pixel wide jpeg and store it on photobucket or flicker or equivalent) then maybe I can say "yes, and this is how you would use the design program to do it," or "no, the program can't do those features."

But the bottom line is that the online design program is all Mountain Molds can do. If it can't be created with the design program, then Mountain Molds is not set up to cut it.

Return to “lever actions”