[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
Lever Action 411 JDJ - Mountain Molds

Lever Action 411 JDJ

6pt-sika

Lever Action 411 JDJ

Postby 6pt-sika » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:37 pm

Lately I've become somewhat intrested in the 411 JDJ in a Marlin lever action . Partially stemming from wanting to use the Ranch Dog 411-255GC bullet as well as several other weights along that same line but without TL grooves .

Anyone here have any knowledge on the 411 JDJ in a levergun or possibly even a Contender ?

I kinda wanna build one or two rifles with approx a 1-20 twist so I can run bullets all the way up to 375 grains . And no I have no "need" for it I just wanna try it !

6pt-sika

Re: Lever Action 411 JDJ

Postby 6pt-sika » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:42 pm

My reason for a pair of rifles is this ,
I'd like them both to be built on the original style 444 with the straight grip monte carlo stock and double barrel bands . While one rifle will have a 24" pipe I'd like the other to be 19" like my circa 1966 Retro 444P . Thats the gun I used last year to kill the little black bear at 70 yards .

Obezamatt

Postby Obezamatt » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:51 pm

Afterthoughts on the .41/44 Remington Magnum. Existing reamers for the 411 JDJ could be used for chambering, just stop short of the full length. .41 Mag dies could be used for neck sizing and .44 mag dies used for sizing the base of the case. Hmmmmmm....that still leaves the bullet seating die.

Last edited by Obezamatt on Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mtngun
Site Admin

Postby mtngun » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:52 am

A Marlin in 411 JDJ? Now that's interesting.

Here's on the 411 JDJ in a Contender, but his data is sketchy and his pressures are waaaaaaay too high for a Contender, though they would be good in the Marlin.

My thought is that a Marlin 411 JDJ would kick ass with jacketed bullets but cast bullet performance may be limited by how fast you can push them before accuracy falls off, similar to shooting light 44 mag cast bullets in a 444.

6pt-sika

Postby 6pt-sika » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:32 am

I dunno I shoot 207 grainers in the 444 now at about 2600-2700 and they do nicely on paper and deer. I had sincere thoughts when I started this thread a couple years ago to build 411 JDJ , but for lack of a better term "its past now".

Return to “lever actions”