Paper patch in 35 whelen

MediumBore

Re: Paper patch in 35 whelen

Postby MediumBore » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:03 pm

Okay, I have tried to logon and when it didnt regonize my password, I tried every password I have used in the past couple years and no luck. So, I went to the Logon Screen and looked for the "forgot my password" link anywhere on that page (as well as any other page I have access to) and I couldnt find it. The site help menu offered that solution. I am thinking that maybe, like the "post attachment" link, I cant see it until I am logged on, but then...oh well, toung in cheek! :roll: If there is a solution to this catch 22 let me know. I really am not this dense usually but it seems to have gotten worse as I have started fooling around with casting lead bullets, it coudnt be the age. :?

mtngun
Site Admin

Postby mtngun » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:04 pm

Email sent to Medium Bore.

Medium Bore

Postby Medium Bore » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:28 pm

Okay, that did it. I am Medium Bore not MediumBore, but either way a Bore. :D Okay, now that I am in and I can see the Upload attachment tab Ill rustle up some of my docs and pics that I think might be interesting.

Medium Bore

Postby Medium Bore » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:30 pm

Oh and Thanks so much for having patience with me on all this.

mtngun
Site Admin

Postby mtngun » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:46 pm

I'm just glad you didn't give up.

There was one member who doesn't post here any more, because he thinks I banned him from the forum. He couldn't log in, so he just assumed I banned him. I offered to reset his password, but he wasn't having any of it.

Getting old is hell.

Medium Bore

Postby Medium Bore » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:51 pm

Okay, here is the comparison between the 35 Whelen PPB and the metallic. The PPB was heavey by about 25G compared to the Hornady 250G but I think the comparison is very interesting...at least to me. Heavier bullet goes quie a bit faster with less charge. Too bad I couldnt hit the broad side of a barn with the PPB but Im still refining my technique...that means fooling around with it. The ol 250G Hornady round nose has been gettting 1 moa lately and I do believe 1/2 of my error now is due to a high power/ cost ratio on the scope I am using..lots of paralax. More stuff to follow now that I am on the inside! :twisted: I have added some more data points on the Metallic down to 54G or 55G of powder but I didnt have that work here. These points all represent the average of 5 shot groups at a minimum,
Attachments
PPB-Metallic.JPG
PPB-Metallic.JPG (49.34 KiB) Viewed 3864 times

mtngun
Site Admin

Postby mtngun » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:47 am

Well done. I remember when I had time to do those sorts of charts. Boy, that was a long time ago.

Thanks for sharing.

Return to “hi velocity”