[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
MM 433-375 and 433-400 - Mountain Molds

MM 433-375 and 433-400

6pt-sika

MM 433-375 and 433-400

Postby 6pt-sika » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:17 am

Recieved the pair of molds from Mountain Molds last week .

The 400 grainer !

The 375 grainer .

Was able to cast about 100 of each weight last week and water quenched them all !

Here's the two bullets with a little closer look !

lolo25643

Re: MM 433-375 and 433-400

Postby lolo25643 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:50 am

Those are some nice looking bunker busters. I'm trying to make my mind up now which new mold I'll be ordering next. :D

6pt-sika

Postby 6pt-sika » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:06 am

I also started shooting the 433-375 last week a little .

Tried H322 , RL7 and Varget !

They all did alright for intial trials . But it looks as if H322 in the 41 grain range and Varget in the 52 or 53 grain range are going to be the way to go !

6pt-sika

Postby 6pt-sika » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:09 am

Based on the testing at Bear Tooth Bullets the 400 grainer is to much for a slow twist Micro barrel in the 444 and with that in mind I decided to try the 375 grainer as my max weight in my slow twist Micro Groove Marlin's . And the 400 grainer will eventually be tried in a 444 with the faster twist and ballard rifling .

6pt-sika

Postby 6pt-sika » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:02 pm

Been awhile since I've posted anything here !

The MM433-375GC has worked pretty well for me in the slow twist Micro barrels as long as I use water quenched WW's . But I've yet to try them on any animals . Although based on other bullets I've used in the 444 I see no reason these wouldn't do fine also !

As to the MM433-400GC that one sat kinda dormant for awhile after I cast the bullets !
I had sold the Marlin 444P I was going to shoot them in and in the last 3 months picked up a standard 444 that was made in 2001 so it's fast twist and ballard rifled .
Let me just say the MM433-400GC is shooting well enough for hunting situations , while it isn't a tackdriver and never really expected it to be , It will do what I wanted from it !

mtngun
Site Admin

Postby mtngun » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:51 pm

6pt-sika

Postby 6pt-sika » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:44 am

6pt-sika

Postby 6pt-sika » Wed May 25, 2011 3:06 pm

This is almost a year late !

But.............................

Last august during the DCP season on a friends fathers peach orchard I was able to take a rather threadbare 125 pound sow black bear at 9 1/2 lasered yards !

I was maybe 16 feet off the ground and she was making the trip around a patch of woods to enter the orchard and I popped her in her noodle !

I used a circa 1974 Marlin 444 shooting the Mountain Molds 433-375GC bullet pushed with 41 grains of H322 and set off with a CCI200 primer . The gun is wearing a 60's era Weaver K2.5 .
I realize this is nothing to get excited about at 125 pounds live weight !
But it is however the first and only bear I have ever had the oppurtunity to shoot or have had a shot at !
We also had 5 DCP permits to use and this is the only bear we saw . The day I killed this one we had a cool front come thru and the temp was down to 96 degree's !

Two more of the bear and the bear taker ! Not sure which looks worse ;)

I have the Mountain Molds 433-400GC bullet that I had you cut a mold for shooting 3 in about 1 1/2" at 100 yards ina circa 2001 Marlin 444 obviousely with Ballard rifling ! This one has a Redfield 3-9 on top as well . Perhaps I'll be able to try the 400 grainer on another DCP bear and hopefully about twice as big !

mtngun
Site Admin

Postby mtngun » Thu May 26, 2011 6:10 am

Thank you very much for the pics. I bet you were excited to get your first bear, I know I was. :o

I forget where you live -- looks to be in a warm climate ? Not much hair on that bear !

6pt-sika

Postby 6pt-sika » Thu May 26, 2011 4:16 pm

Return to “General”