[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
MM/RD 432-365GC - Page 3 - Mountain Molds

MM/RD 432-365GC

6pt-sika

Re: MM/RD 432-365GC

Postby 6pt-sika » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:06 am

I now need to try the two faster charges again at 50 and at 100 yards . I might also try 44.5 and 45.5 but typically for me atleast half a grain of powder in a case this size has never made any difference .

I also want to shoot the two faster loads in the 24" Micro Groove gun to see how much difference I'm getting typically in the past when I've done this with the two guns and the exact same loads it's never been more then 150 FPS and as close as 50 FPS .

mtngun
Site Admin

Postby mtngun » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:44 am

Thanks much for posting your excellent results. :)

6pt-sika

Postby 6pt-sika » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:09 pm

Went to the club after dinner this evening to pull targets for the skeet league . Got there maybe 45 minutes early and went to the rifle range with my "Retro 444P" and some more of the new MM/RD 432-365GC . Tried it again with 44 and 45 grains of H322 and also 46 and 47 grains of H322 . And darned if the 47 grain load didn't shoot the best group ! I however forgot the Chrony so I have no idea what these two warmer loads were running .

6pt-sika

Postby 6pt-sika » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:47 am

Cast I think 220+ of the MM/RD 432-365GC today and tried a new mold cool down method .

I was having a little earlier when I cast this bullet . Pretty much I wasn't letting the mold cool enough before I was opening it . Anyway today I took a large hunk of aluminum I have and set it in a cast iron frying pan and put some cold water in the pan . Seems that my cuts were looking a lot cleaner now .

mtngun
Site Admin

Postby mtngun » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:34 am

Interesting method, thanks for posting the picture. :)

6pt-sika

Postby 6pt-sika » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:19 pm

Alright I got grass cutting weed eating and tree cutting mostly cleared up today !

Hopefully tomorrow before the NASCAR race or after I can get most of the bullets lube sized checked and perhaps load about two dozen with variouse charges of H322 for another go at 50 yards and maybe 100 as well !

6pt-sika

Postby 6pt-sika » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:20 pm

Need to take my 2001 444 out as well and check it again with the MM 433-400GC bullet as well . That one pushed with 36 or 37 of RL-7 works pretty well .

6pt-sika

Postby 6pt-sika » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:15 pm

Went to the range this afternoon after an early dinner !

Wanted to shoot the MM/RD 432-365GC some more in the Retro 444P as well as three bullets in my circa 2001 Ballard rifled gun .

In the Ballard rifled gun I shot my MM 433-400GC , my BRP/RD 432-400GC HP and my LBT 433-400GC .

The MM/RD 432-365GC first .

The MM 433-400GC with 36 of RL-7 .

BRP/RD 432-400GC HP and 36 grains RL-7

Finally the LBT 433-400GC also with 36 of RL-7 .

The three bullets in the 2001 rifle will all stay as is . But the Retro 444P I think I'll shoot next week some more with the MM/RD 432-365GC pushed with 46 and 47 grains of H322 .

6pt-sika

Postby 6pt-sika » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:16 pm

The velocities written on each target are the averages of those three shots .

mtngun
Site Admin

Postby mtngun » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:25 pm

Thanks much for sharing the shooting results. :)

Maybe it's just the photo, but some of the bullet holes look like the bullet may have been not-so-stable ? What is the twist in that particular rifle?

Return to “lever actions”