New Backpack Revolver

Highland Drifter

New Backpack Revolver

Postby Highland Drifter » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:19 am

I've been working on this project for awhile. It's juat a 4-5/8" Ruger Super Blackhawk with a Bisley grip frame, hammer, and trigger. The Ruger factory grip frames come oversized and pretty rough. I blended the 2 frames together with a mill smooth file, then 320 paper stuck on an aluminum plate with double stick tape, then gave the cylinder frame and grip frame a final finish with red scotch bright. The grips are from Jim Badger. Bullets are 44 cal 260 grain turncated cone cast from an iron mold Dan made for me a few years back. The rear sight blade is one from One Ragged Hole. The Jurry is still out on this sight. I'll have to shoot more with it to decide if I like it or not.

Brian
Attachments
1014.jpg
1014.jpg (95.9 KiB) Viewed 4492 times

mtngun
Site Admin

Re: New Backpack Revolver

Postby mtngun » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:55 am

How do you like the Bisley frame ? Better or worse than an FA ?

I like the looks of the Bisley, but I've never shot one.

Highland Drifter

Postby Highland Drifter » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:12 am

Dan,
I like the Bisley grip frame much better than the Blackhawk grip frame. There is more to grab onto, but it still lets the gun roll in your hand. As far as the Bisley vs. FA, I like them both and would have spend some time shooting them side by side with similar loads. My typical load for the Ruger would be a 260 gr bullet at 1300, and the FA a 335 gr bullet at 1500. I would have to say the FA frame is a good one because my 335 gr load is very managable.

Brian

Mclain

Postby Mclain » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:19 pm

Wow the best revolver ill just wanted to have,, i like the performance and the quality of this revolver,, very interesting and not heavy to carry.. good for self defence .

Return to “revolvers”