Any final conclusion on strain gauge adhesives?

turbo1889

Any final conclusion on strain gauge adhesives?

Postby turbo1889 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:26 pm

I am the new owner of a RSI Pressure Trace II system going on a couple months now.

So far the single gauge included with the unit has stayed glued to the barrel of my 12ga. NEF-USH without incident but I am well aware of the fact that it is a matter of when not if the adhesive will eventually fail at least if one uses your experiences recorded in this forum as a guide.

I am going to order some spare gauges next pay period and was wondering what you finally ended up using as an adhesive after all your experiments with different ones a while back ago and if it provided a noticeable improvement over the stuff that RSI sends out with their gauges.

I've also been looking at the Omega part # SG-3/350-LY11 strain gauges that you recommended and on the current website it simply says to "Consult Sales" on price and availability. Do you have to call them to make an order and they don't do internet orders or what?

mtngun
Site Admin

Re: Any final conclusion on strain gauge adhesives?

Postby mtngun » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:31 pm

I never finished testing adhesives. Several interesting adhesives have come on the market since then.

I was able to order the Omega gages online, but that was years ago, perhaps they changed their policy.

Return to “pressure measurement”