[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
MM/RD 432-365GC - Mountain Molds

MM/RD 432-365GC

6pt-sika

MM/RD 432-365GC

Postby 6pt-sika » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:38 am

Just sent in an order for a MM/RD 432-365GC !

Been contemplating this one for over a year and finally pulled the trigger today .

mtngun
Site Admin

Re: MM/RD 432-365GC

Postby mtngun » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:19 pm

Looks good.

6pt-sika

Postby 6pt-sika » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:49 pm

This thing darn sure better be good !

It's gotta save me from man eating whitetails and peanut butter eating black bears :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not really sure why I got hung up on a 365 grainer but I have been for awhile . Think I have 5 already in the 370-375 range . As well as 3 or 4 in the 340-350 range .

6pt-sika

Postby 6pt-sika » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:51 pm

This thing should pretty much be a 40 grain heavier version of the 432-325GC you cut for me 2 or 3 years back .

6pt-sika

Postby 6pt-sika » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:37 pm

It's my intention to use this bullet in my little circa 1966 "Retro 444P" with the 19" , 1-38" Micro Groove barrel .

I had Mountain Molds cut me a 432-325GC bullet specifically for this little rifle about 4 years ago and it shoots great . This little gun also does very well with the 3 or 4 375 grain molds I've had cut by MM , LBT and BRP so I see no reason this one shouldn't do well in the little rifle as well .

I think three seasons ago I took the two deer below one evening using the 432-325GC bullet in this little rifle .

6pt-sika

Postby 6pt-sika » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:42 pm

More then likely when I get this mold I'll run that bullet thru all three of my 444's and over the Chrony more just to see the differences .

I have the little 19" 1-38 Micro gun another 1-38 Micro gun with the factory length 24" barrel and finally a 1-20 Ballard gun with a 22" barrel .

6pt-sika

Postby 6pt-sika » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:01 am

I think the mold guys have a race here lately .

In the past Mountain Molds typically got me whatever I ordered in 3 weeks or less The last couple years I've seen folks say Accurate Molds got the molds out in a week . Well I ordered the mold this thread was started about monday and today thursday of the same week I just recieved the tracking number for my mold as in in the mail and on the way !

Thats pretty darn good order in mold cut and out in less then four days and it was shipped second day so I should have it friday or saturday !

mtngun
Site Admin

Postby mtngun » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:23 am

Well, I hope your design works out for you. More likely it'll show up next week.

6pt-sika

Postby 6pt-sika » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:13 am

6pt-sika

Postby 6pt-sika » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:15 am

Let me elaborate a bit .

In the post above I said anything over 315 grains from WW alloy needed to be water quenched and thats not true . It is true in anything with the 1-38 Micro Groove rifling but the 1-20 Ballard rifled guns seem to do fine without water quenching .

Return to “lever actions”